25.4.11

{The big debate:which side are you on?}

Hello all,


Thank you for all your lovely comments on my crochet case!



Today I want to ask you a question. And this question is one that has risen quite a bit of debate in the crochet realm....



How do you hold your crochet hook? Like a knife or like a pencil?



I hold mine life a knife. This is how I learned and what I'm comfy with. I personally think it is less stressful on your hands and it doesn't hurt as much.



As for holding it like a pencil--I'm sure many of you hold it like this. Every once in a while, I'll switch it up and try it like this, but I have to say it makes my fingers very sore.



So, what side are you on? Pencil or knife?


Leave a comment and let me know!



And since every post needs a picture.......

More to come next time....

7 comments:

  1. Like a knife! It hurts my wrists and my stitches don't come out very nice if I hold my hook the other way. I know lots of people who hold their hook like a pencil though and I find it hard even to watch them...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i hold it like a pencil... but im not entirely sure because I hold my knife the smae way? haha I get sore wrists sometimes, but only if I've been doing it for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knife hold for me. I'm self-taught, and that's just how it seemed to work for me. A complete stranger one time was watching me crochet and informed me I was holding my hook "wrong"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pencil - which works great most of the time, though sometimes my thumb gets to hurting if I'm having a marathon crochet weekend. I can switch, but only for a little while, and it really slows me down. I'm teaching a community school crochet class, and they're about 50/50.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hold mine like a knife. Over Christmas my mother-in-law was helping me with some stiches and tried to get me to swirch to pencil hold....it was impossible to do for me!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a knifer, and I can't even pull off one stitch if I'm holding the hook pencil-wise. Some of my friends are pencillers, and it just looks like a magic trick to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 24, 2011

    Like a pencil :)
    You've got a lovely blog!
    Thank you for ur visit today ;)
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! You know what to do!